Whenever we click a picture, the goal is to take out clear images that would make it to our profile picture or social media. Clear images have been the top case but recently people have been obsessing over portrait mode as it keeps the background quite blurred and focuses on the subject, which is essential when you take a picture that needs to divert the focus of attention of the viewer at a specific subject.
However, there are other uses of blurring an image, including blurring a point in a document you don’t feel like sharing, making the face blue so that it is unidentified. Blurring a photo has lots of advantages which make it a useful skill for users to make a mint. iPhone have great features regarding photography and people don’t use them often, so let’s start using these features to make the image clicked more perfect. Here’s the guide on how to blur a photo background on an iPhone.
When you click a picture most of the time it’s the background that is blurred, which is done in portrait mode but if your phone does not support portrait mode, there are some quirky tricks to blur your background on the iPhone.
1. Using Portrait Mode
Most iPhones have availed their users of the portrait modes from which backgrounds can be easily blurred. You can see the portrait mode on iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus iPhone 11, iPhoneXS,iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XR, and iPhone pro-Max. You will get portrait modes in these models. However, there is a catch in portrait mode photo capturing that portrait mode will not apply to animals and other animation objects.
Steps on How to blur the background of images using portrait mode on an iPhone.
- Visit your Camera application.
- Click on Portrait.
- Before capturing a shot you can manage the setting of Portrait mode as there are various choices given.
- Make sure to set the subject 2-8 feet away from the camera.
- Now press the Shutter tab focusing on the subject.
You will get a blurry background and your point of focus will be clear.
2. Coming close to the subject
This was the simplest way to blur an image, but some iPhones do not have portrait mode. In that case, you need to follow some unconventional tricks to get your image blurred.
- Open the Camera.
- Go close to your focus point.
- Now press your finger on the subject which will shift it to Autofocus.
- Now press the Shutter tab.
This way you will get a blurred image. You can blur the subject as well as the background.
3. Blurring the image with applications
There are various applications made to blur the image. Sometimes you don’t feel that the picture you have clicked has been blurred effectively. That’s when you need a proper application to ease up your task. You can take the help of this popular application named Snapseed. Here are the prices of blurring an image on an iPhone using an application.
- First, download the Snapseed application and visit it.
- Now add your image from the Gallery.
- Click on the option of Tools.
- As you go down you will see the option for Lens Blur, click on it.
- You will see a circle that you can drag to locate the area where you want the picture to be blurred.
- Now click on the Right arrow when you feel you have done justice to the picture.
- Click on the option of Export and then tap on Choose to make sure it is saved in your gallery.
These are some of the easiest ways through which you can blur a photo background on an iPhone.